Saturday, November 8, 2014

What's Happening at West Madison

   The Boosterthon Fun Run is Almost Here!




The Boosterthon Fun Run is almost here.  On Thursday, November 13, students will be running 30-35 laps to raise money for classroom supplies and technology at WM.  I can't wait.  It will be so much fun.  We have the Bob Jones Cheerleaders coming to cheer us on.  Remember if we get 100% of our students registered on Funrun.com we will get a chance to duck tape Mrs. Miller to the wall.  I would love for us to be able to do that.  Make sure this weekend you register your child.  

You may have heard a rumor from your child.  If we raise our goal of $26,000....I am going to.....to....to....eat a.....I can barely say...it    A WORM!  

Yes,  you read that right, a real, live WORM!  

I can't wait.  I am ready to do it.  I have been practicing, warming my mouth up,  ready to do it.  I have been practicing, working my way up to the worm.  

So I AM READY!

Now let's reach our goal.  


This weekend I want to challenge everyone to register and to make a minimum of $2 pledge per lap to get these awesome flexible sunglasses.  


Boosterthon is not just about fundraising.  Students are receiving a great character lesson during their morning huddles.  





















It is important to serve others.  Boosterthon promotes giving back.  The organization they give back to this year, helps Military Kids, children whose parents serve in the military both here and abroad.





PTA Meeting Reminder
PTA will be Monday, November 10 at 5:30 in the Gym.  Fourth Grade will be performing.  


Upcoming Events

November 10         Veteran's Day Assembly and Breakfast
November 10          PTA Meeting   5:30 PM  4th Grade Performs
November 10          Progress Report Grades 3-6
November 11         Veteran's Day   No School
November 13         Boosterthon Fun Run
November 18         Bus Safety Program K-2
November 19         Third Grade Sci-Quest
November 24         Progress Reports K-2
November 26-30   Thanksgiving Holidays